. The organizers of earthRUN invite you to participate in Kamloops’ annual GREEN participation community event that is now into it’s third year. (See poster here.) This non-competitive 5K run/walk is a fun way to raise funds and awareness on local environmental and sustainable community initiatives. Over the past two years earthRUN has taken place at Riverside Park on a date close to Earth Day (April 22nd). However, this year we have changed the date and location. On Saturday, June 2nd, we are holding our 3rd Annual earthRUN as a kick-off to World Environment Week (June 3-9) at the Tournament Capital Centre Lower Field, with the run/walk taking place around the Ring Road at TRU. Start time is 10 am.
In addition to the run/walk, we have had a well-attended Environmental expo showcasing local “green” organizations and services that demonstrate environmentally-friendly business practices.
What is earthRUN?
- a vehicle to bring people together to help “green” communities by promoting sustainable lifestyles, encouraging volunteerism and raising funds for local and environmental initiatives
- We live in a beautiful, yet delicate and complicated dry grassland ecosystem
- 200 participants, exhibitors and sponsors at earthRUN 2010 reinforced the need for this event
- “organic”, local events strongly influence environmentally-conscious behaviours
- We host this event under defined Green Planning Guidelines. YES, we are different!
- We recycle, compost, re-use, re-purpose, borrow, and in some cases “do without” resources to ensure our environmental footprint is as small as possible
- Yes, this is a great opportunity for local organizations and businesses to showcase new technologies and environmentally-friendly business practices
- Last year over 200 participants perused the EXPO. We had great enthusiasm, information transfer, interest and awareness
- Our local environmental beneficiary is the McQueen Lake Environmental Education Centre
- This facility is dedicated to providing environmental education to children, parents, teachers and the general public; definitely a worthy local cause!
How can I get involved?
- Opportunities exist for exhibitor sponsorships, donations and partnerships. Participation in any way and in any amount would be gratefully appreciated
- Create a team and fundraise for local environmental projects!
For more information on the sponsorship and “Expo” opportunities, please contact Darren Bennett. You can email Darren at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 778.220.6690.