The TRU Friends of the Garden would like to invite you to the Kamloops First Annual Tomato Festival where you will experience all things TOMATO!
Tomato Cook-Off; Local restaurants will be preparing and serving an abundance of tasty tomato treats sure to delight your taste buds
- Tomato Competition: Think you have the biggest, tastiest, most unusual tomato, bring them
- Master Gardeners: Will be present to answer tomato growing related questions
- Tomato Plants & Fruit Display; Heritage & other varieties of tomato plants will be on display
- Door Prize: TRU friends of the Garden $50 gift certificate for our annual Plant Sale
- Historical Interest: Learn about the history of the tomato in Kamloops and the canneries that prepared them
Saturday, September 17th, 2011 at the
Kamloops Farmers’ Market – 200 Block St. Paul Street
9:00am to 1:00pm.